Home | Veggie Table - Show #20
Veggie Table - Show #20
Pasta In White Wine Sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) -- Pasta (any selection)
- 1 -- Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -- Zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 cup (250 mL) -- Carrots, cubed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) -- Black olives, sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) -- Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) -- White wine
- 2 -- Cloves of garlic
- Your choice... -- Assorted herbs
Cook the pasta. While it is cooking, steam the veggies, making sure the carrots do not get overdone. If using fresh pasta, do veggies first and keep warm. (You don't need to steam the olives.) Drain pasta, add wine and garlic and herbs, toss in veggies and serve. Serves 4.
Chinese variation - use snowpeas, carrots, shitake mushrooms and water chestnuts, or explore your own mixture of veggies.