Home | Caramelized Chocolate Crunch
Caramelized Chocolate Crunch
Visit our Web site for this week's specials
- 4 pieces Matzo
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Chocolate chips - semi-sweet
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Line 12 X 18 inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Arrange matzo in single layer on foil.
- Boil in medium-sized saucepan, butter and brown sugar.
- Cook 3 minutes or until mixture comes together and does not look oily.
- Pour mixture over matzo as evenly as possible.
- Bake 350 F. degrees for 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbling.
- Sprinkle matzo with chocolate chips as soon as matzo comes out the oven.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, then spread chocolate with knife as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle nuts over chocolate.
- Chill until chocolate and caramel are set.
- Break into uneven chunks.
- Makes 3 -4 dozen pieces.