Edo Kai Tora
Pecan Spice Olive Oil Brownies
Recipe Created by: Christine Cushing
- 100 gm bitter sweet choc (3 oz. )
- 1/3 cup Christine Cushing’s Vibrant extra virgin olive oil (75 ml)
- ¼ tsp.salt ( 1 ml)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour (75 ml)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unbleached sugar(125 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla ( 5ml)
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves (1 ml)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon (1 ml)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 D.
- Line an 8x8” square baking dish with parchment paper or brush with butter.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler over barely simmering water. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Whisk in olive oil until smooth.
- Meanwhile, toast the pecans on a baking sheet for 7-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cool.
- In another medium bowl whisk together, eggs, sugar, vanilla, orange zest, cloves, cinnamon and salt until pale and sugar has dissolved. Fold in chocolate mixture. Add flour and stir with wooden spoon or spatula until completely blended. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in oven at 350 D. for 20- 25 minutes, until firm but still moist in centre but crackly on top.
- Remove and cool to room temperature. Cut into squares and store in sealed container.
- Serves 8