Caril de Camar„o >>
- 1/2 Kg of peeled medium sized shrimp
- 1 large onion
- 2 or 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small can of coconut milk, plus a similar amount of regular milk (you may use just one cup of regular milk if you donít have or donít like coconut milk)
- 1 or 2 tbsp of curry powder
- Salt to taste
- The onion is finely chopped and added to a pot along with some vegetable oil and the bay leaf.
- When the onion starts to turn golden, add the tomatoes also finely chopped.
- Mix everyting well and then add the peeled shrimp.
- Mix everything well again then pour the milk until it covers the shrimp and add the curry and salt.
- Cook slowly, stirring every so often with a wooden spoon until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with white rice or on a bed of white rice.