Bacalhau com Natas >>
- Enough round fries to cover the bottom of an oven-safe dish (fried in low temperature and not fully done) – the chef recommends Yukon Gold.
- Cod fish 1/2 cup (that has already been washed, cooked and broken into small pieces) – the chef prefers cod from the Atlantic.
- Onion coarsely chopped and sautéed in olive oil.
- 35% whipping cream whipped but not so much that it sets harder than a creamy consistency that is still a bit runny.
- Line the bottom of the dish with the fries and then layer the codfish on top (about one finger thick or slightly less). Follow that with a layer of sautéed onion and cover well with the cream.
- If you choose to use the broiler set it to about 500F, if you’re using the oven set it to 375F. It takes about 15 – 20 minutes for the top of the cream to get golden.